Date:Sunday May 20 2012
I know many of us seriously doubted the chances of us winning once we went down 1-0 with 7 minutes to play.
However, to me, after beating Barca in that fashion, I believed fate was on our side still. Drogba struck and we pulled through in penalties. I saw someone post these facts/stats showing why it was Chelsea's destiny to win yesterday (credit to the person who found these stats).
8 REASONS WHY CHELSEA WON ON SATURDAY!
1. The last team (Inter Milan) to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League went on to lift the trophy and win the competition against Bayern Munich in the final.
2. The last time Atletico Madrid won the Europa League, Chelsea won a Double.
3. The last English team (Manchester United) to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League, went on to lift the trophy and win the competition.
4. An English team (Manchester United) has previously won the FA Cup and gone on to win the Champions League, beating Bayern Munich in the final who lost the DFB Pokal during that season.
5. The last time Manchester City won the league title, an English team (Manchester United) won the European Cup.
6. All Champions League finals played in Munich produced a winner of the competition for the first time in their history (Nottingham Forest, Marseille and Dortmund). They all took place in Bayern Munich's previous home, the Olympiastadion.
7. The last time Manchester United went Trophyless an English Club won the Champions League (Liverpool) and they didn't finish in the top 4.
8. The Champions League Finale was on 19-05 and Chelsea Football Club was found in 1905 I found it interesting.
Hope you guys do too.
Date:Sunday May 20 2012
Going, Going……………Gone! (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Now Who Did You Pick? (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Atsu Linked to Sunderland (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Match Day Moments - Vitesse (a) (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Young at Heart? (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Getting Shirty! (Wednesday July 30 2014)
We`re So Lucky Compared to…………… (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Luke, A Shaw Bullet Dodged? (Tuesday July 29 2014)
Eighteen instead of Seventeen! (Tuesday July 29 2014)
Lukaku Bound for Everton? (Tuesday July 29 2014)
|2. Aston Villa||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|5. Crystal Palace||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|7. Hull City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|5 Years Since Sir Bobby Left Us
» Newcastle : 31/07/2014 00:56:00
|So Suarez Was Too Good For Liverpool Too, Right?
» Arsenal : 31/07/2014 00:12:00
|Swansea City Boss: More Signings To Come
» Swansea : 30/07/2014 21:09:00
|Borini Poll Result..
» Sunderland : 30/07/2014 18:15:00
|Ghanaian International Coming On Loan?
» Sunderland : 30/07/2014 17:20:00