Facts that Supported Chelsea to Win the UCL
I know many of us seriously doubted the chances of us winning once we went down 1-0 with 7 minutes to play.
However, to me, after beating Barca in that fashion, I believed fate was on our side still. Drogba struck and we pulled through in penalties. I saw someone post these facts/stats showing why it was Chelsea's destiny to win yesterday (credit to the person who found these stats).
8 REASONS WHY CHELSEA WON ON SATURDAY!
1. The last team (Inter Milan) to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League went on to lift the trophy and win the competition against Bayern Munich in the final.
2. The last time Atletico Madrid won the Europa League, Chelsea won a Double.
3. The last English team (Manchester United) to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League, went on to lift the trophy and win the competition.
4. An English team (Manchester United) has previously won the FA Cup and gone on to win the Champions League, beating Bayern Munich in the final who lost the DFB Pokal during that season.
5. The last time Manchester City won the league title, an English team (Manchester United) won the European Cup.
6. All Champions League finals played in Munich produced a winner of the competition for the first time in their history (Nottingham Forest, Marseille and Dortmund). They all took place in Bayern Munich's previous home, the Olympiastadion.
7. The last time Manchester United went Trophyless an English Club won the Champions League (Liverpool) and they didn't finish in the top 4.
8. The Champions League Finale was on 19-05 and Chelsea Football Club was found in 1905 I found it interesting.
Hope you guys do too.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.