Date:Sunday May 20 2012
I know many of us seriously doubted the chances of us winning once we went down 1-0 with 7 minutes to play.
However, to me, after beating Barca in that fashion, I believed fate was on our side still. Drogba struck and we pulled through in penalties. I saw someone post these facts/stats showing why it was Chelsea's destiny to win yesterday (credit to the person who found these stats).
8 REASONS WHY CHELSEA WON ON SATURDAY!
1. The last team (Inter Milan) to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League went on to lift the trophy and win the competition against Bayern Munich in the final.
2. The last time Atletico Madrid won the Europa League, Chelsea won a Double.
3. The last English team (Manchester United) to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League, went on to lift the trophy and win the competition.
4. An English team (Manchester United) has previously won the FA Cup and gone on to win the Champions League, beating Bayern Munich in the final who lost the DFB Pokal during that season.
5. The last time Manchester City won the league title, an English team (Manchester United) won the European Cup.
6. All Champions League finals played in Munich produced a winner of the competition for the first time in their history (Nottingham Forest, Marseille and Dortmund). They all took place in Bayern Munich's previous home, the Olympiastadion.
7. The last time Manchester United went Trophyless an English Club won the Champions League (Liverpool) and they didn't finish in the top 4.
8. The Champions League Finale was on 19-05 and Chelsea Football Club was found in 1905 I found it interesting.
Hope you guys do too.
Date:Sunday May 20 2012
Coutinho Fillip For Chelsea (Sunday March 1 2015)
Chelsea - Do It for Ossie (Sunday March 1 2015)
Match Day Moments - Spurs (COC Final) (Sunday March 1 2015)
Kane: Chelsea have bought their way to success (Sunday March 1 2015)
Terry to Kane: You haven't achieved ANYTHING yet! (Saturday February 28 2015)
Stoke Want to Keep Moses (Saturday February 28 2015)
Sunday Is a Stepping Stone (Saturday February 28 2015)
Jose - Almost Crossing that Line (Saturday February 28 2015)
Staring Aké on Sunday - method or madness? (Saturday February 28 2015)
Conspiracy? Surely not, but then again.... (Saturday February 28 2015)
|2. Man City||26||16||7||3||+31||55|
|3. Man Utd||27||14||8||5||+20||50|
| Coutinho Fillip For Chelsea
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 15:00:00
|Fonte - Stick Together After West Brom Defeat
» Southampton : 01/03/2015 14:58:00
|Sorting Out Unfinished Business
» Man Utd : 01/03/2015 14:58:00
|Vital Report: Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City
» Liverpool : 01/03/2015 14:56:00
|What Is The Problem With Di Maria?
» Man Utd : 01/03/2015 14:52:00