Date:Sunday May 20 2012
I know many of us seriously doubted the chances of us winning once we went down 1-0 with 7 minutes to play.
However, to me, after beating Barca in that fashion, I believed fate was on our side still. Drogba struck and we pulled through in penalties. I saw someone post these facts/stats showing why it was Chelsea's destiny to win yesterday (credit to the person who found these stats).
8 REASONS WHY CHELSEA WON ON SATURDAY!
1. The last team (Inter Milan) to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League went on to lift the trophy and win the competition against Bayern Munich in the final.
2. The last time Atletico Madrid won the Europa League, Chelsea won a Double.
3. The last English team (Manchester United) to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League, went on to lift the trophy and win the competition.
4. An English team (Manchester United) has previously won the FA Cup and gone on to win the Champions League, beating Bayern Munich in the final who lost the DFB Pokal during that season.
5. The last time Manchester City won the league title, an English team (Manchester United) won the European Cup.
6. All Champions League finals played in Munich produced a winner of the competition for the first time in their history (Nottingham Forest, Marseille and Dortmund). They all took place in Bayern Munich's previous home, the Olympiastadion.
7. The last time Manchester United went Trophyless an English Club won the Champions League (Liverpool) and they didn't finish in the top 4.
8. The Champions League Finale was on 19-05 and Chelsea Football Club was found in 1905 I found it interesting.
Hope you guys do too.
Date:Sunday May 20 2012
Fresh Rumours Suggest Second Costa IS Coming (Wednesday April 1 2015)
Fighting To The Finish (Wednesday April 1 2015)
Stoke Interested in Permanent Deal for Moses (Tuesday March 31 2015)
Bale Rush - What Madrid are saying (Monday March 30 2015)
Bring It On Stoke! (Monday March 30 2015)
Cech Leaves Czech Camp (Monday March 30 2015)
Is Oscar`s Chelsea Career Coming to an End? (Monday March 30 2015)
Would We Really Meet The Clause? (Monday March 30 2015)
A True Chelsea Fan Writes. Again. (Sunday March 29 2015)
Why Mourinho should copy Wenger (Sunday March 29 2015)
|2. Man City||30||18||7||5||+34||61|
|4. Man Utd||30||17||8||5||+25||59|
|Fresh Rumours Suggest Second Costa IS Coming
» Chelsea : 01/04/2015 05:19:01
|Fighting To The Finish
» Chelsea : 01/04/2015 04:18:01
|Ref Watch: Moss to officiate Chelsea v Stoke
» Stoke : 31/03/2015 21:00:00
|Stoke Interested in Permanent Deal for Moses
» Chelsea : 31/03/2015 18:27:01
» Man Utd : 31/03/2015 17:31:01