Chelsea must buy Luca Modric
If rumours are to be believed Chelsea finally have a chance to buy Luka Modric.
If Real Madrid`s handling of Nuri Sahin is anything to go by we have a really good chance of finally landing our man.
But of course Real Madrid wont sell him for as little as the media suggests. A paid loan (£8-10million) for one and a half years with an option to buy him for £20 million at the end of this period!
How does that sound?
1. If Malouda leaves during this period, we hardly feel any differences in the wage structure. Lampard is also a high earner playing in the pivot leaving in the summer.
2. Chelsea`s primary need this window - a deep lying playing maker. Modric is one of the best out there.
3. Real Madrid are the type of club who can dispose of players as soon as they get them.
4. We can still go for Fellaini now/summer and Falcao in the summer provided we sell Torres. (We're now on £27 million profits on operating margins, let`s stay in the green)
5. I`d pay silly money to watch the Spuds go sick up their guts. Look at this pivot options - Modric, Fellaini, Mikel, Rami, Romeu, Oscar... not bad I say, not bad!
Call up Mourinho. It`s time we call in that return favour.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.