What`s All This Fuss About Michael Laudrup
I find it laughable when Michael Laudrup is being mentioned as the man Chelsea need by some fans and media outlets.
If Michael Laudrup is the man, then Andre Villas Boas should never have been fired at all.
We have tried the following:-
1. The fashionable choice (Ranieri)
2. The best upcoming manager of the time (Mourinho)
3. The babysitter (Grant)
4. The World Cup winner (Scolari)
5. The old experienced hand (Hiddink)
6. The European Cup veteran (Ancelloti)
7. The young guy with all the talent to be the next big thing. (AVB)
We fired number 7 and now he is 2 points above us with a traditionally inferior team.
We got a gold mine in Di Matteo who could have started a dynasty and we fired him.
And now we are stuck with the Spanish waiter!
Laudrup will not be in an upgrade to either AVB or Di Matteo.
And I'll tell you why
1. Laudrup is the flavour of the month for the media just like AVB was before we hired him.
2. Laudrup`s illustrious playing career does not mean he is going to a better manager than RDM or AVB.
3. The team needs a winner now... Someone who can reign in player power not a manager who has won lesser than the players.
But most importantly
4. Swansea were a very good side playing attractive football even before Laudrup, ask any swans fan this. The style of play was Brendan Rodgers's hard work.
5. The success of Swansea this season is largely down to Michu's scoring rate and its made out to be a big deal as he cost just a couple of million. Take Michu out of the equation and the swans wouldn`t be where they are.
I'm not saying Laudrup can't become a great manager. I`m just saying it`s too early to jump on the 'hire him' bandwagon
The same applies to Pellegrini whose only achievement in Europe was finishing second to Barca after a summer spending spree of 150 million.
Right now there are only two top level candidates
Antonio Conte, the Juventine genius
And the man himself, Jose Mourinho.
Anybody else would be step down. If you are paying top dollar for players, then you need a top manager to extract the best from them.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.