Date:Tuesday September 17 2013
It is only four games into the new EPL season, however, it's obvious that we could struggle this season.
The signs are dangerous.
Our midfield is letting us down. Our midfielders appear not to be able to string together 4 consecutive passes without losing possession.
Our strikers have failed us.
Our defense is inconsistent.
Our keeper cannot stop hoofing the ball to the opponent. Recently, he has even learnt how to throw the ball to the opponent.
I've already written off this season!
Clearly Jose's team sheet this season will be swayed continuously by loyalty to the old guard, and opinions of fans and the media. Consequently, our team will lack cohesion, and results will go south sometimes.
After each match, we the fans will continuously moan and VC will always get the desired clicks and page hits, as well as the other blogs. I've already lowered my expectations for the season. Nevertheless, I'll attempt to make some recommendations for next season.
My solution is a drastic one. Many could even consider it to be blasphemy.
1. GET RID of Lamps and Cole at the end of the season. Lamps should have left at the end of last season, but we got sentimental. I'm also guilty as I felt he had earned an extra year at Chelsea. Ashley - if anyone here still thinks Cole is the world's best left back, please go see a doctor. I think his smoking habit is beginning to affect his football.
2. GET RID of Ramires. Yes I said it. He is not fit to play in a midfield of any team that intends to compete for top 4 in the EPL. He can remain as a permanent super sub. He is not even half the player Essien was in his (Essien's) prime.
3. Restore Van Ginkel to the starting lineup
4. Persuade Torres to leave by January or end of season. I have to admit that he is my favorite player, but it's best for both parties if his contract is severed on mutual consent.
5. Make Thibaut Courtois the number 1 keeper next season. Keep Cech as deputy, if he protests get rid of him.
6. Restore Mata to the #10 role or play him as a false nine.
There are more decisions that needs to be made, however, I'll stop here for now. Yes I've said it. Now crucify me.
Date:Tuesday September 17 2013
Cole Contract Update! (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Match Day Moments - Steau (h) (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Brazilian Mosquito coming to Chelsea? (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Dortmund Hint at Chelsea Target Exit (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Goal Shy Strikers! (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Chelsea v Bucharest - Team News (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Benayoun Finally Secures Deal! (Tuesday December 10 2013)
The Lure of Uncle Sam! (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Name the Starting XI - Steau (h) (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Striking Problem could cost us the Title (Monday December 9 2013)
|4. Man City||15||9||2||4||+26||29|
|Two Games Moved For The TV Cameras
» Crystal Palace : 11/12/2013 20:19:00
|The Ped Report FC Bayern 2-3 City
» Man City : 11/12/2013 19:30:00
|FA Cup Third Round Tie Set
» Aston Villa : 11/12/2013 19:16:00
|Allam makes FA application to change club name
» Hull City : 11/12/2013 18:59:00
» Hull City : 11/12/2013 18:44:00
|Liverpool: Gerrard Back Sooner Than Expected?
» Liverpool : 11/12/2013 18:38:00
|Carroll - No Saviour
» West Ham : 11/12/2013 16:49:00