Date:Monday January 20 2014
It was a great win for us against United, and I simply loved the game.
I love the impact Jose's influence and managerial ability is leaving on the team. I would want to share certain points with the VC fraternity here.
1. I simply loved the way we were handling pressure. The Chelsea of the previous times would normally crumble against such pressure and pressing, but we weathered the storm and hit back magnificently.
2. We managed decent possession in this high paced game, so even though I won't give a 10 on 10 to our lads for possession but still it was vastly improved.
3. We don't give up now. Every game that we win or draw or lose, our boys fight till the end. This attitude went missing from our team quite a while back and I can date this back to the Ancelotti's time when the team would just lay bare while the likes of Sunderland would hit three against us and we won't respond. [That game still hurts]
4. As I have been saying this for many seasons that we cannot have Mikel/Lampard and Ramires in the same team, as these three are not compatible to one another so only one should play at a time. It`s nice to see that from the moment we have had one of the three playing, with someone else alongside in the pivot the midfield looks totally different. Even though Luiz isn't world class in his performances but still is showing the point that I had been making for quite some time. I so want to give an 'I told you so speech' since I have had debates upon debates on this issue but not many were agreeing but it`s the happy hour and no point rubbing it in.
5. I have always advocated here that strikers weren't our problem. I have written many articles here on the subject, so no need to explain why. But guess what? Our strikers are scoring in every game now since we changed the pivot and the point 4 of the article which i think was the main issue our strikers weren't scoring.
6. The three amigos behind the strikers were very unpredictable for the opposition for the first time this season. They weren't cutting in every time. This is what caused the biggest problem to the United defense. All three were excellent in their work rate and penetrative. They also provided to each other and weren't shooting on first sight at goal.
7. Very strong signs that the players are gelling in as a 'team' playing for one another as well as for themselves and not going for personal glory every time.
8. We aren't there yet, but we are getting there. The team is looking more and more solid and difficult to beat every game.
I say Jose has done a magnificent job. Well, I guess the KING's team is finally showing his signature.
Date:Monday January 20 2014
The Chelsea Injury Table.. (Friday August 28 2015)
Courtois on Pedro Assisting Hazard (Thursday August 27 2015)
Everton Reject Another Chelsea Bid for Stones (Thursday August 27 2015)
Chelsea`s Champions League Draw! (Thursday August 27 2015)
Name the Starting XI - Palace (h) (Thursday August 27 2015)
FSF Match Day Protest Over Prices - Chelsea (Thursday August 27 2015)
Chelsea Champions League Winner Wanted by Derby! (Wednesday August 26 2015)
Drogba Set to be Fined? (Wednesday August 26 2015)
John Stones and Ezequiel Garay Transfer Talk (Wednesday August 26 2015)
Pedro on His Chelsea Move (Wednesday August 26 2015)
|11. West Ham||3||1||0||2||0||3|
|13. AFC Bournemouth||3||1||0||2||-1||3|
|Liverpool: Reds Face A Trip To Russia In Europa League
» Liverpool : 28/08/2015 12:45:01
|It Bayern Munich Again In The Champions League
» Arsenal : 28/08/2015 12:42:00
|The Aston Villa Injury Table Updated
» Aston Villa : 28/08/2015 10:57:01
|Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton
» Spurs : 28/08/2015 10:41:00
|Son Heung-Min Deal Confirmed!
» Spurs : 28/08/2015 10:36:01