Developing the Dynasty
That time of the season has arrived again.
In my opinion, this window should just be a case of tidying up our squad and injecting it with young talent for the future.
This is what I would do in Jose's shoes...
• Luke Shaw (£30 million) - The price is somewhat steep but Shaw would provide us with 15 years of stability at left back. Also, we would only have to pay an extra £13 million than what we would for our non-English, 28 year-old reported target, Filipe Luis.
• Koke (£25 million) - Koke would complement Matic perfectly. He has the stamina of a Buffalo with the vision of a Hawk. The Spaniard is capable of linking defence to attack with consummate ease. Whether we could tempt Atletico is another matter...
• Antoine Griezmann (£20 million - A left field option (well technically I would use him on the right). Griezmann would provide a nice balance to the team should he be used as an inverted winger with Schurrle on the other side. He has scored 20 goals from the wing this season and we could sign him for a relatively cheap fee (whilst annoying Arsenal along the way).
• Diego Costa (£32 million) - This deal looks almost done and dusted. Costa would complement our plethora of creative talent well with his physical presence and prolific goalscoring talents.
• Thibaut Courtois
• Kurt Zouma
• Ryan Bertrand
• Thorgan Hazard
• Romelu Lukaku
• Petr Cech (£25 million )- A heart-wrenching decision but we should cash in on the big man whilst we still can, Courtois is now as good and 10 years younger.
• David Luiz (£48 million) - How we got that amount I'll never know.
• Ramires (£20 million) - His inability to pass the ball has driven me to breaking point.
• Oscar (£50 million - Controversial but I believe that Eden Hazard is the most technically gifted player in the team so using him as our number 10 is the best way to utilise his talents. We should have no problem attracting interest in our young Brazillian.
• Fernando Torres (£10 million) - Nothing more needs to be said.
• Henrique Hilario
• Ashley Cole
• Frank Lampard (I say through gritted teeth)
• Samuel Eto'o
• Goalkeepers - Courtois, Schwarzer.
• Centre Backs - Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Kalas.
• Left Backs - Shaw, Bertrand.
• Right Backs - Azpilicueta, Ivanovic.
• Pivot - Matic, Koke, Mikel, Van Ginkel.
• Left Wing - Schurrle, Willian.
• Right Wing - Griezmann, Salah.
• Number 10 - E Hazard, T Hazard.
• Strikers - Diego Costa, Lukaku, Ba.
This 23 man squad composes a back-up for each of the 11 positions and composes the perfect mix of youth, experience and quality. I am in the firm belief that should this be our squad for the forthcoming season the Dynasty that Mourinho intends to form would be well and truly underway...
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.