Date:Wednesday July 9 2014
ollydee5 gives us 5 things to debate!
(1) Thibaut Courtois should be Chelsea number one right now, Courtois just might be the second best goalkeeper in the world. Only Manuel Neuer is more obviously excellent on a more impossibly consistent basis.
(2) Eden Hazard is not world class - yet. He's the next in line to the Messi/Ronaldo throne, the most likely young superstar to ascend to the game's zenith - but as the World Cup made painfully clear, he's still some way short.
(3) Diego Costa is not a cause for alarm (or is he?) He scored 36 goals, won the La Liga title, reached the Champions League final and was a wrecking ball of awesome for 10 solid months. On the other hand, he's only scored more than 10 goals in a season twice in his career, he looked dreadfully wooden-footed at the World Cup and brings back uncomfortable memories for a fan base haunted by Fernando Torres and Andriy Shevchenko.
(4) Jose Is Right, Romelu Lukaku is not the answer, for West Brom, sure, for Everton, definitely, but for Chelsea, probably not. Lukaku is too much of a risk. Brutal and dominant when on form, he still looks too raw and technically poor to shine at the very highest level.
(5) Chelsea's scouts are great, but the club's strategy is questionable it happened too often to be coincidence. Impressed by that young Nigerian speedster in the Super Eagles' defence? That's Kenneth Omeruo, he's a Chelsea player. Who's that fleet-footed winger dancing rings around the Germans? That's Christian Atsu, he's a Chelsea player. But will they ever 'really' play for Chelsea?
Date:Wednesday July 9 2014
The return of Dark clouds to Chelsea FC (Sunday October 4 2015)
Stats: Chelsea v Southampton (Saturday October 3 2015)
Chelsea v Southampton - Team-Sheets (Saturday October 3 2015)
It`s No Use Burying Your Head in the Sand! (Saturday October 3 2015)
Life in the Old-Drog! (Saturday October 3 2015)
Terry Set to Return for Southampton Visit (Saturday October 3 2015)
Match Day Moments - Southampton (h) (Saturday October 3 2015)
The 10 questions every player must answer (Friday October 2 2015)
Southampton (h) - The Stats and Facts (Friday October 2 2015)
AUDIO: Jose Mourinho will escape 'dip' in form (Friday October 2 2015)
|15. AFC Bournemouth||8||2||2||4||-2||8|
|18. Aston Villa||8||1||1||6||-5||4|
|The return of Dark clouds to Chelsea FC
» Chelsea : 04/10/2015 01:30:00
|Pundits Predictions: Swansea City vs Tottenham Hotspur
» Swansea : 03/10/2015 22:26:01
|Gomes Stars As Hornets Draw At Bournemouth
» Watford : 03/10/2015 21:44:01
» Watford : 03/10/2015 21:43:01
» Sunderland : 03/10/2015 21:04:01