Know what you are getting...
Moving on from Diego Costa and Fabregas, I present to you my little knowledge of Filipe Luis.
1. Defense - He tackles, he intercepts and he could actually put in some decent crosses. He arguably was the beat defensive left back in Europe the past season. He will be to us on the left flank what Azpilicueta is on the right and his defensive ability will allow Hazard to attack fully.
2. Drive and Fight - The whole Atletico Madrid team was built on team work and a fighting spirit that reminds us of the Chelsea of Jose Mourinho's first spell. This ability will help in big matches where matches are won with the will to win.
3. Strong - standing at 6 ft, he cannot be bullied on the ground and in the air. This raw strength will come in handy against the West Ham and Newcastle United of this world.
1. Attack - Though able to attack the flank and wHip in crosses but is not in the the class of the A. Cole's and Marcelo's of this world who can bomb down the flank all day. His crosses are also a little better than what we have with Ivanovic on the right, only a little.
2. Stamina - Being a player that gives his ALL all game long, he tires out towards the end of matches. This may not bode well in matches where seeing out slender leads is needful.