Stoke 1 Chelsea 2 - Post-Match Fascinating Facts
Following the thrilling end to a difficult fixture, whereby Chelsea snatched all three points with a ate winner, we`ve flicked through the record and form books to come up with a few post-match fascinating facts.
• With a deft free-kick Willian gave Chelsea the lead against Stoke, it was the Brazilian`s 8th goal direct from a free-kick in his last 19 goals.
• The free-kick scored by Willian was his 6th goal of the campaign, his best return in the Premier League since he joined Chelsea.
• Stoke City continue to struggle to get results against sides in the top half of the Premier League table. In 13 fixtures they`ve won 1, lost 10 and drawn 2.
• In conceding a penalty and also scoring a goal, Gary Cahill became the first Chelsea player to do so since Saloman Kalou did so back in April 2009, against West Ham United.
• Yesterday was a personal milestone for Cesar Azpilicueta, the Spaniard racked up his 150th appearance for Chelsea Football Club in the Premier League, the first Spaniard to do so.
• When it comes to Premier League fixtures against Stoke, Chelsea definitely have the upper hand, the 18 meetings have seen Chelsea win 13, draw 3 and lose just 2.