Chelsea v Spurs - Fascinating FA Cup Facts
The magic of the cup, but what fascinating facts can we lift from the vaults relating to the two clubs contesting this semi-final, at Wembley.
Here are a few for you to peruse:
• The last time the two clubs met at this stage of the competition was back in 2012, when Chelsea romped home, demolishing Spurs 5-1 and then going on to beat Liverpool in the final.
• The last time Chelsea lost to Spurs in the FA Cup was in a quarter-final tie back in 1982, with Chelsea being beaten 3-1.
• In their last 5 FA Cup semi-finals, Chelsea have only been beaten on 1 occasion when, back in 2013, they lost to Manchester City.
• Spurs last won the FA Cup back in 1991, since then Chelsea have won the famous old trophy a magical 6 times.
• Spurs enter this semi-final having lost their previous 6, a loss to Chelsea would make it a record 7 consecutive semi-final defeats.
• The last time Spurs won an FA Cup semi-final was when they beat Arsenal 3-1, back in 1991.
• The Spurs striker Son Heung-min is the joint top-scorer in the FA Cup this season with 6 goals.
• Although Antonio Conte won Serie A 3 times as the boss of Juventus, he never managed to win the Coppa Italia, the closest he came was when Napoli beat Juventus in the 2012 Final, 2-0.