Chelsea v Burnley - Fascinating Facts
The Premier League 2017 / 2018 season starts in earnest this afternoon when the champions take on Burnley.
With Champions League football back at the Bridge, 2017 / 2018 has all the prospects of being a tantalising season.
Ahead of the first fixture of the new season, we`ve taken the opportunity to delve into the history and form books to come up with an array of fascinating facts.
• On the last 6 occasions the two sides have met in the Premier League Chelsea are unbeaten, winning 4 and drawing 2.
• Burnley have not won a top-flight fixture, at Stamford Bridge, since a 1-0 win back in April 1971, a run of 8 matches.
• When it comes to opening day fixtures on the opening day of the Premier League, Chelsea lead the way amassing an unrivalled 54 points from the 25 games they`ve played, winning 16, losing 3 and drawing 6.
• The last time Chelsea lost an opening day fixture was back in 1998 when they lost at Coventry.
• Since Antonio Conte took over at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have played 23 fixtures, winning 21 of them.
• Big things are expected of our signing from Real Madrid, Alvaro Morata. The Spaniard had a conversion rate of 27% for Real Madrid last season, the highest conversion rate of anybody who scored 10 or more goals.
• Burnley`s record when it comes to fixtures on the opening day of the Premier League is poor. They`ve lost all 3 Premier League games and have managed just 1 goal in the process.
• Sam Vokes could be the Burnley danger-man, the striker is looking to become the first player to score in 4 consecutive Premier League games for the club.