Tottenham v Chelsea - Fascinating Facts
On Sunday, Wembley will be the stage on which Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea will go head-to-head in a Premier League fixture.
Here at Vital Chelsea HQ we`ve delved into the record and form books to come up with a raft of fascinating facts.
• The fixture will be the first Premier League match to be played at Wembley Stadium.
• Wembley Stadium will become the 58th different venue to host a Premier League fixture.
• When it comes to playing Tottenham, Chelsea have a very good record, the last 17 games, in all competitions, have seen Chelsea win 8, draw 7 and lose just 2.
• Since Tottenham beat Chelsea in the 2008 League Cup Final, they`ve played at Wembley on 9 occasions, winning 1, drawing 2 and losing 6.
• Tottenham`s solitary win at Wembley since that 2008 League Cup Final triumph was against CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.
• When it comes to London derbies, Mauricio Pochettino has yet to suffer the angst of defeat, 13 games have produced 9 wins and 4 draws.
• The last time Chelsea lost both of their opening two games was way back in 1973, by some strange quirk of fate, they lost to Burnley in those two games as well.
• Since taking charge of Chelsea, Antonio has suffered 8 defeats, 7 of those have come in London.
• If Tottenham win, they will set a club record of 15 consecutive home league wins.
• Last season, Tottenham were unbeaten at home in the Premier League, their 19 home games yielded 17 wins and 2 draws.
• The last reigning champions to start a season with 2 defeats were Aston Villa, back in 1981.