Tottenham 1 Chelsea 2 - Post-Match Fascinating Facts
Following on from what might be considered, under the circumstances, an unlikely victory, we`ve uncovered a few facts and figures that might interest you or bring a smile to your faces.
• When it comes to playing at Wembley, Spurs have lost 7 of their last 9/b> fixtures and have lost their last 4 games against Chelsea at the famous venue.
• Chelsea ended Spurs long unbeaten run at home, a run that stood at 19 games with Southampton being the last away side to beat Spurs in the Premier League, back in May 2016.
• Marcos Alonso`s brace means that no Chelsea player has scored more Premier League braces than the popular Spaniard who has 2, the same number as Diego Costa and Eden Hazard.
• In scoring an own goal, coming on from off the bench, Michy Batshuayi became the first Chelsea substitute to do so since Michael Duberry did in April 1999, against Leicester City.
• The last 4 goals Spurs have conceded from outside the box have all been scored by Chelsea get in there my son.
• We should have known a win was on the ecards when Chelsea went into the half-time break leading, under Antonio Conte, Chelsea have never lost a game after leading at half time, winning 20 and drawing 2.
• The free-kick Marcos Alonso scored was the second the Spaniard has scored since the start of last season, only Philippe Coutinho, with 3, has scored more.