Chelsea v FK Qarabag - Fascinating Facts
This evening Chelsea Football Club welcomes FK Qarabag to Stamford Bridge, for a Champions League Group fixture.
For Chelsea, it marks a return to a competition they didn`t grace last season, after a dismal 2015 / 2016 campaign that saw them finish 10th in the Premier league.
Ahead of the clash with the side from Azerbaijan, we`ve taken a look into the history and form books to come up with a plethora of fascinating facts.
• The meeting tonight will be the first competitive fixture between the two sides.
• Sides from England and Azerbaijan have met once before when FK Qarabag played Tottenham in the Europa League group back in the 2015 / 2016 season, with the North London club winning both games.
• The game tonight sees Chelsea commence their 15th Champions League campaign, only Manchester United with 21 and Arsenal with 19 can beat that figure.
• Chelsea are also the last English club to win the Champions League, back in 2012.
• In 14 previous Champions League campaigns, Chelsea have reached the knock-out stages on 13 occasions.
• Eden Hazard has made 12 appearances for Chelsea in the Champions League but has netted just 1 goal, from the penalty spot.
• Chelsea have scored in each of their last 24 group games at Stamford Bridge.
• This will be Antonio Conte`s 3rd Champions League campaign, as a manager, the best the Italian has achieved is a quarter-final place, with Juventus, in 2012 / 2013.
• FK Qarabag, along with RB Leipzig, are the only two sides making their Champions League debut this season
• No side from Azerbaijan has ever reached the knockout stages of a European competition.
• Azerbaijan`s danger-man could be Dino Ndlovu, the striker scored 4 goals in 6 Champions League qualifiers.