Chelsea 6 FK Qarabag 0 - Post-Match Fascinating Facts
Last night, after the emphatic 6-0 rout of the Azerbaijan champions, FK Qarabag, we took the opportunity to dig out some facts you may find interesting.
• When Davide Zappacosta scored with that scintillating shot, he became the 100th Italian player to score a Champions League goal.
• The assist provided by Thibaut Courtois for Zappacosta`s wonder-strike, was the first by a goalkeeper in a Champions League match since November 2012. The last keeper to provide an assist was Fraser Forster when Celtic played Barcelona.
• The 6-0 rout equalled Chelsea`s biggest margin of victory in the Champions League, they also beat Maribor, by the same score, back in October 2014.
• During the game, FK Qarabag managed just 5 touches in the Chelsea area in the entire game.
• Chelsea`s home form in the Champions League Group games is pretty impressive, in 39 games they`ve won 30, drawn 8 and lost just 1.
• Although Chelsea scored 6 times they did in fact have only 8 shots on target.
• Since joining Chelsea in 2014, Cesc Fabregas has provided 46 assists, 21 more than his nearest rival Eden Hazard, who has 25.