Stoke City v Chelsea - Fascinating Facts
Ahead of the intriguing clash with Mark Hughes Stoke City side, this Saturday afternoon, we`ve stuck our heads in the record and form books and come up with a plethora of facts.
• Chelsea and Stoke have played each other in 18 Premier League matches, Stoke have only won 2 of those fixtures, both were at home with Stoke winning in December 2013 and November 2015 by 3-2 and 1-0 score-lines respectively.
• Stoke have been beaten 13 times by Chelsea in the Premier League, their worst record against any current Premier League club.
• Chelsea`s recent run of form, on the road, is impressive. In the last 23 Premier League matches they`ve won 17, drawn 3 and lost just 3.
• Continuing on the same theme, Chelsea have won 7 of their last 8 away matches in the Premier League.
• If Chelsea win, it will be their 3rd away win in the 3 away fixtures played this season and will match the feat they last achieved back in 2009 when, co-incidentally, the third away fixture of that campaign saw Chelsea beat Stoke 2-1.
• After receiving 5 red cards in the previous 9 games in all competitions, will we someone else fall foul of the authorities in this fixture.
• Stoke City`s form isn`t particularly impressive, Mark Hughes side have won just 3 wins in their last 16 Premier League games.
• It will be the 24th time Mark Hughes has faced Chelsea as a Premier League manager, he`s lost 15 of those fixtures, more than against any other opponent.