Atletico Madrid v Chelsea - Fascinating Facts
Here at Vital Chelsea we`re eagerly anticipating our Group 'C` Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid.
It has the potential to be a cracking fixture and will give us an indication of how far we could go in this competition.
Ahead of the game we`ve stuck our heads into the form and record books and come up with a few facts and figures.
• Atletico are tough opposition on their own patch, under Diego Simeone the Spanish side have won 18 of their 23 Champions League home fixtures.
• The last 4 competitive fixtures between the two clubs have seen Chelsea fail to win, drawing 2 and losing 2.
• When it comes to matches against Spanish opposition, away from Stamford Bridge, Chelsea`s recent record is good. The last 9 fixtures have seen Chelsea win 2, draw 7 and lose 0.
• The last 5 trips to Spain have seen Chelsea draw all 5 games.
• In the last 14 Champions League campaigns, Chelsea have reached the knockout stages on 13 occasions.
• The last 14 Champions League group fixtures Chelsea have played have seen Chelsea lose just the 1 game.