Chelsea v Watford - Fascinating Facts
Ahead of what is being termed a must-win game, we`ve taken the opportunity to delve into the form and record books to see which way the pendulum might swing on this fixture.
• In recent times, Chelsea clearly have the upper hand when it comes to fixtures between the two sides, the last 12 games, in all competitions, have seen Chelsea win 9 and draw 3.
• Watford have won just 1 Premier League game in the 8 played against Chelsea, the Hornets won 1-0 in September 1999. The other 7 fixtures have seen Chelsea win 5 and draw 2.
• The last time Watford registered a win at Stamford Bridge was way back during the 1985 / 1986 season, when on the last day of the season they won 5-1.
• Chelsea have lost their last 2 Premier League games, they`ve not lost 3 on the bounce since November 2015.
• When it comes to the Premier League this season, fortress Stamford Bridge is far from that, with Chelsea having won just 1 game out of the 4 played, losing 2 and drawing 1.
• During the title winning campaign of 2016 /2017, Chelsea dropped just 6 home points all season, this term they`ve already dropped 8.
• Thibaut Courtois is set to make his 100th Premier League appearance for Chelsea, during which he has kept 36 clean sheets.
• Watford, from their first 8 Premier League games, have amassed 15 points, it is their best ever Premier League start.
• The Hornets have scored 13 goals in the Premier League this season, 5 of these have come after the 85th minute.
• When it comes too late, late goals, Watford have scored in the 90th minute of their last 3 Premier League games.
• Away from home, Watford have accumulated 10 points from a possible 12.