West Brom v Chelsea - Fascinating Facts
Chelsea travel to the Hawthorns this weekend for a Premier league fixture.
It was on this ground that Chelsea sealed their 2016 / 2017 title triumph with a late goal from Michy Batshuayi, but what over fascinating facts have we uncovered?
• Chelsea usually have the upper hand when they play West Brom, the last 22 Premier League games have seen Chelsea win 16 of them.
• The last two fixtures at the Hawthorns have both resulted in wins for Chelsea.
• Saturday will see Antonio Conte take charge of a Chelsea side for the 50th time in the Premier League, the previous 49 have seen Chelsea earn 115 points.
• Chelsea have a good recent record on the road, the last 11 away games have produced 9 wins.
• Since joining Chelsea, Alvaro Morata has been directly involved in 10 goals in his first 10 Premier League appearances, scoring 7 and providing 3 assists. His efforts have earned Chelsea 8 points.
• Cesar Azpilicueta has provided 5 assists for Morata this season, the most by one player to another so far, this season.
• West Brom are on a poor run of form, they`ve not won any of their last 9 games and have, from their last 20 fixtures earned just 12 points winning 2, drawing 6 and losing 12 of those aforementioned games.
• Tony Pulis side have amassed just 10 points from the first 11 Premier league games, their lowest total since the 2005 / 2006 season when they were relegated.
• If West Brom concede the opening goal they invariably lose as has been the case on the last 8 occasions.