Chelsea v Atletico Madrid - Fascinating Facts
Tonight, Chelsea welcome Atletico Madrid to Stamford Bridge for the last Group C game of the Champions League.
A win for Chelsea would guarantee the club top spot in the group.
Ahead of the fixture we`ve dug deep into the history and form books to bring you a few fascinating facts.
• The two clubs have met 6 times previously in all competitions and the honours are even with both sided having won 2 games apiece with the other 2 games being drawn, both sides have also scored 10 goals each.
• The last time Chelsea failed to score in a home Champions League fixture was back in April 2011 when they were beaten 1-0 by Manchester United. Since that defeat Chelsea have scored in 25 consecutive Champions League home games.
• Chelsea have participated in the Champions League on 15 occasions, on 14 of those Chelsea have reached the knockout stages, the only time they failed to do so was when they were the holders of the trophy.
• When it comes to goals in the Champions League, 10 different players have scored for the club this season, no other side in the competition can match or better that figure.
• In his last 4 Champions League games Eden Hazard has scored 3 goals and provided 2 assists.