Chelsea 0 Arsenal 0 (FLC) - Post-Match Fascinating Facts
The result, at Stamford Bridge, wasn`t what we wanted but all is not lost.
We travel to the Emirates Stadium knowing a win, however narrow, will see Chelsea reach another Wembley Final.
Following the game last night, we took the opportunity to dig deep and come up with a few post-match fascinating facts.
• Since Antonio Conte took over the managerial tenure at Stamford Bridge, his side have failed to score in just 3 home games in all competitions, all 3 of those games have been this season and 2 of them have been against Arsenal.
• In keeping a clean-sheet, at Stamford Bridge, for the second time in the same season, Arsene Wenger`s side became only the second side to do so, following in the footsteps of Manchester United who managed that feat back in the 1998 / 1999 season.
• Drawing the first-leg of the semi-final isn`t necessarily a bad thing for Chelsea, on each of the 3 occasions they`ve done just that they`ve gone on to reach the final, with the roll of honour reading - Manchester United in 2005, Wycombe Wanderers in 2007 and Liverpool in 2015.
• However, Arsenal don`t, when they draw the first-leg in a league Cup semi-final fare so well. In the 3 previous occasions they`ve done that they beat Tottenham in 2007 but lost to Aston Villa in 1996 and Tottenham in 2008.
• Arsenal and Chelsea have met on 4 occasions this season and all 4 meetings have resulted in draws.
• The 0-0 result meant that for the first time since November 2012, Chelsea have registered 0-0 consecutive draws in all competitions