Chelsea v Leicester City - Fascinating Facts
This Saturday, the last two sides to win the English Premier League title go head-to-head at Stamford Bridge.
Ahead of the clash we`ve delved into the record and form books to come up with a raft of interesting facts.
• The last 16 meetings between the two clubs, in all competitions, have seen Chelsea win on 14 occasions, the other 2 meetings have been won by Leicester, with both coming in their 2015 / 2016 Premier League title winning season.
• The last 26 league games played between the two sides at Stamford Bridge have seen Chelsea win 16, draw 9 and lose just the 1.
• The last time Leicester City won at Stamford Bridge, in a league match, was a 2-0 victory back in September 2000.
• Chelsea are on a roll when it comes to Premier League games, the last 7 have all been won and during those 7 games Chelsea have kept 5 clean sheets.
• Antonio Conte enters this fixture having won 25 of his first 30 Premier League home games a record jointly held with Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti. However, the latter duo both lost their 31st home match in charge.
• The fixture will see N`Golo Kante and Danny Drinkwater face their old club, Kante made 7 appearances and Drinkwater made 35 in Leicester`s epic 2015 / 2016 Premier League title winning season.
• When it comes to scoring goals, Marcos Alonso leads the way. Since the start of last season, the Spaniard has netted on 12 occasions in the Premier League, a total no other defender in the Premier League can match.