Chelsea v West Brom - Fascinating Facts
Tonight Chelsea attempt to end a run of two consecutive Premier League defeats when they welcome West Bromwich Albion to Stamford Bridge.
The Baggies are currently bottom of the Premier League table, but what do the form and record books tell us to expect from this fixture?
Here at Vital Chelsea we`ve uncovered a few fascinating facts:
• Chelsea`s recent record against West Brom is respectable, the last 10 Premier League games have yielded 6 wins, 3 draws and just 1 defeat.
• West Brom haven`t won any of their last 13 matches at Stamford Bridge, losing 11 and drawing 2.
• The last time West Brom won at Stamford Bridge was in September 1978 when the Baggies won 3-1.
• The last time West Brom won at Stamford Bridge, in all competitions, was in 1983 when they won a League Cup tie, 1-0.
• If Chelsea lose to West Brom it will be the first time they`ve lost back-to-back Premier League home games since November 2011.
• Chelsea have not lost consecutive league games by a three-goal margin since October 1995.
• A defeat would see Antonio Conte lose 3 consecutive home games for the first time since November 2009 when he was in charge of Atlanta.
• Cesc Fabregas has 49 Premier League goals to his name, if he is to score number 50 tonight it will break a run of 10 games of not scoring against West Bromwich Albion.
• West Brom arrive at Stamford Bridge having won just 1 of their last 24 Premier League games having lost 12 and drawn 11.