Chelsea 3 West Brom 0 - Post Match Fascinating Facts
Back to winning ways, the Chelsea support will be hoping the bad performances given in the Bournemouth and Watford games are a thing of the past.
There`s no doubting that the win against West Bromwich Albion will lift the confidence in the squad ahead of a spell of difficult fixtures against the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United and Manchester City.
Following the fine win, against West Brom, we`ve cobbled together some post-match fascinating facts:
• Under the managerial acumen of Antonio Conte, Chelsea have played West Bromwich Albion 4 times in the Premier League and have registered 4 wins and have kept clean-sheets in all 4 games.
• West Brom have not won a fixture at Stamford Bridge since November 1983, a run of 17 games.
• Since joining Chelsea, Eden Hazard has had a part in 105 Premier League goals for the club, scoring 68 and providing assists for a further 37, only Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard can beat that figure with 159 and 237 respectively.
• Eden Hazard remains Chelsea`s jewel-in-the-crown, the Belgian has now scored 10+ goals in 4 of his 5 seasons with the club.
• In scoring the second goal, for Chelsea, Victor Moses made it 2 goals in his last 3 Premier League appearances, as many as the Nigerian wing-back had scored in his previous 47 games combined.
• Olivier Giroud made his first start for Chelsea last night, the Frenchman, in doing so, became the first player since the inception of the Premier League to start a game for both Chelsea and Arsenal in the same season.