Vital Football

Latest Chelsea FC News

The Great Who Should Start Where Poll Results

The Great Who Should Start Where Poll Results

OK, here we go. The biggest game of the season has arrived, as Barcelona come to town. With that in mind we asked a couple of questions in our front page poll concerning team selection.

It`s a given that N`golo Kante will start tonight`s game, however we wanted to know who you thought Antonio Conte should play alongside him. With Tiemoue Bakayoko and Ross Barkley out injured, we gave you three options to choose from.

⦁ Danny Drinkwater
⦁ Cesc Fabregas
⦁ David Luiz

Top of this poll was the ex-Barcelona man Cesc Fabregas who grabbed 62% of the votes cast. Depending on the system Antonio Conte plays will determine is anyone else is alongside Kante and Fabregas.

Our second choice was David Luiz with 30%. It`s difficult to say whether Luiz is fit or totally out of favour with Conte. Chances are, if it`s a five man midfield, Luiz won`t be playing. If the Italian goes down that route he`ll have to play Danny Drinkwater who came in last of the three, with the remaining 8%.

Having said all of that Ross Barkley is now back training with the first team, so who knows if he`ll now get the nod. You`d have to assume Conte won`t want to risk someone returning from injury, so the most likely scenario will be a 3-4-3 formation playing Kante and Fab between the two wing backs.

The second question we asked was which striker you`d like to see leading the line against the Catalan giants. We didn`t include Eden Hazard as a false nine in the belief it wouldn`t happen. Let`s hope it doesn`t. The two choices were obviously,

⦁ Olivier Giroud
⦁ Alvaro Morata

Initially Giroud was well in front of this poll, but the longer the poll ran, the more Morata came to the fore. In the end it was Alvaro Morata who won the vote with 54%. It was a relatively even vote and Olivier Giroud picked up the other 46%.

Hopefully one of them starts tonight, and whoever that is, they will hopefully get a couple of goals. Personally, Morata was my choice. The old enemy may well help get him back on track as a striker, as he puts his happy husband, social media image to one side

Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Date:Tuesday February 20 2018
Time: 6:02PM


Morata knows Barcelona better as opposition player than anyone else in Chelsea.
20/02/2018 18:34:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Recent Chelsea Articles

There Will Be No Mass Exodus If……………………

One of our biggest fears with regard to this season is the possibility that Chelsea will finish outside of the top-four.

At Last, An International Call-Up for Chelsea`s Alonso

After some outstanding displays for Chelsea.

Courtois Commits to Chelsea

But is it long-term or more short-term?

Lewandowski Opts Not to Join Chelsea

As we suspected might be the case.

Chelsea Archived Articles

Vital Chelsea articles from

Site Journalists

Editor email
no email
Stan Wenners
no email
no email

Current Poll (see more polls)

Your Wish for this Season?
Suggested By: merlin
Win the FA Cup!21%
Qualify for the Champions League!75%
ScoopDragon Premier League Network Sites
The Vital Football Members League
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Vital Football Comment

Recent Chelsea Results (view all)

Chelsea Fixtures

Vital Members League Table

1.Michael Reid72
9.Eric Clarkson17
Write for Vital Football