Chelsea Poll Bucks The Trend
Time to round up the polls we ran surrounding the Barcelona game. Prior to the 1-1 draw we asked how you thought the game would pan out.
We gave you the usual three choices, however partisan we are though, this game was never going to be a walk-the-park. The result of these polls so often depends on whether we vote with our heads or our hearts. It`s difficult to not vote with the latter.
So, 69% voted for Chelsea to win! and really they should have been correct. Having setup to simply keep the ball, Barcelona`s negative tactics seemed to be focused on diving in the hope of getting a chance from a set piece. Groundbreaking stuff from the Catalans.
17% believed they`d succeed voting Barcelona to win! The actual result A Draw! picked up the remaining 14%.
With that poll sorted, attention turned to Chelsea`s first goal scorer. The starting ten outfield players featured in this poll. Coming top, and no surprise, given Antonio Conte didn`t select a striker was Eden Hazard who topped out with 60%.
Only three other players received votes, our actual first scorer, Willian, grabbed 20%.
Marcos Alonso and the goal-machine that is N`golo Kante both picked up 10%
Then it came down to who the man-of-the-match could possibly be. Having spoken to Merlin, the belief was Willian was by far, Chelsea`s best player. But for some inexplicable reason, he receives very few votes in this poll, no matter how well he plays. With his goal, two shots that hit the post and overall performance, for us at Vital Chelsea, it was a no brainer.
Willian vs. FC Barcelona.— BTL Comps (@BTLComps) February 20, 2018
Against one of the best teams in football, Willian stepped up to the plate with a top quality performance. pic.twitter.com/ELNHiDLmxH
So rather than go through the motions of seeing Willian pick up few votes, we asked the simple question Does Willian deserve the MOTM vote. It was a Yes or No answer we were looking for. Obviously coming out top was No! he doesn`t, a ridiculous 92% believed there were more appropriate candidates. The remaining 8% voted Yes!. I`m dumbstruck.
Our current front page poll asks how you viewed Tuesday`s game, on reflection. As ever please use your vote wisely.