City 1 Chelsea 0 - Post-Match Fascinating Facts
Or a few statistics to make you realise just how bad Chelsea were at the Etihad Stadium.
• This time last season, Chelsea were heading towards the Premier League title, at the moment Manchester City lead the Premier League by a massive 18 points from second-placed Liverpool, Chelsea are a distant fifth in the table a staggering 25 points behind City.
• Manchester City`s lead at the top of the table is biggest since Chelsea were 18 points ahead of Manchester United back in March 2006.
• The defeat means that Chelsea have lost 4 consecutive away fixtures, in all competitions since January 2003.
• Pep Guardiola became only the second manager to complete a league double over Antonio Conte, with Manchester City winning both fixtures 1-0, the only other manager to manage this feat was Delio Rossi who managed the feat for Sampdoria in 2012 / 2013.
• During the first-half, Chelsea failed to register a single shot on target, the first time this has happened since Opta started collecting stats back in the 2003 / 2004 season.
• In the two games against Manchester City this season, Chelsea have registered just 7 shots compared to the 30 mustered by Manchester City.
• David Silva was given the man-of-the-match award, the Spaniard is streaks ahead of any player when it comes to assists provided since he joined the club, Silva has assisted 73 Premier League goals since August 2010, a cool 20 more than any other player.